Get ready to indulge in the irresistible goodness of chicken bread rolls! The bread rolls are a delicious and versatile snack that combines the flavours of tender chicken and a crunchy, breaded exterior. The combination of crispy bread and flavorful chicken filling is comforting and satisfying, making it a perfect appetizer snack or Holiday special breakfast/brunch!!
Recipes using bread are one of the simplest and most convenient options when planning a party! Check out these ideas to use bread to make a yummy appetizer.
Bread rolls are one of the most accessible recipes among all bread recipes. I have grown up eating them my entire life. I have lovely memories associated with them. My mom used to make them every Sunday for us. We would always wake up early and get ready to enjoy these Super Sunday special treats! She prepared them by filling onions and potatoes only. They were so delicious that we would devour them like there was no tomorrow. This recipe is inspired by her. I have modified it with a slight variation in the filling that brings flavour and nutrition to the rolls.
These chicken bread rolls are a delightful snack or appetizer made by stuffing bread with a chicken filling and then frying them to golden perfection. To make chicken filling, I use onion, garlic, capsicum, potato and seasoning to enhance the flavour. The chicken rolls recipe is so flavourful that you can't stop eating them!
Finish the dish with flavourful yogurt drink masala lassi to beat the hot vibes if you serve them in hot weather. And there is no comparison between flavourful masala chai prepared with your homemade chai masala and served with them! It is heavenly and incredible!!
Reasons to🧡chicken bread rolls
- Perfect make-ahead party appetizers.
- Easy to make that involves no breadcrumbs and egg coating.
- Good source of protein approx, 11.9 g per serve.
- Versatile, you can easily adjust the ingredients.
- Easy to carry and eat. Perfect for parties, playdates, potlucks, camping, and picnics.
- This an ideal recipe for picky eaters!!
To make these delicious bread rolls with chicken, you need these items:
- Bread- I have used white bread to make these chicken rolls. Feel free to use any!
- Chicken- I use chicken thigh fillets without skin for this roll recipe. Boil and shred it for the filling.
- Onion- Finely chopped
- Potato- Adding potato is optional, but I have observed that it helps bind the filling. Use boiled potato for this recipe.
- Capsicum- Green. Finely chopped. Adds depth to the filling.
- Garlic- Using fresh garlic goes so well for the filling as it tastes too good in the recipe.
- Green chillies
- Seasoning- I use cumin seeds, salt, red pepper and garam masala for this recipe.
- Oil - Any oil works best for the recipe.
- Lemon juice- It adds flavour and taste to the chicken filling.
- Cilantro for garnishing.
See the recipe card for quantities.
How to make chicken bread rolls?
For the full recipe, check out the video below.
Don’t forget to subscribe to my YouTube Channel to stay up-to-date on all my new videos.
Step-1 Filling prep
- Boil the chicken in water for 10-12 mins on low heat and save the water (stock). Once cooled, shred it and set it aside.
- Turn cumin seeds aromatic in hot oil in a pan.
- Then, saute finely chopped garlic followed by chopped onion until it becomes translucent.
- Add finely chopped capsicum and cook for 2-3 minutes on low heat.
- Add the shredded chicken, salt, red chilli powder and garam masala to the pan and mix everything. Cook for a few minutes until the chicken is heated and well-coated with the spices.
- Stir in lemon juice and mix well. Remove from heat and let the filling cool down.
- Add boiled potato and cilantro. Mix well (image below).
Step-2 Bread rolls
- Take a slice of bread and trim the edges. Now, dip this slice into the chicken stock (water in which the chicken is boiled) on both sides. Gently squeeze the water using your palms.
- Place a spoonful of the chicken filling on the centre of the bread slice and roll the bread tightly.
- Repeat the process with the remaining bread slices and chicken filling (image below).
Step-3 Frying the chicken rolls
- Heat oil in a wok.
- Add these rolls into hot oil one by one. Fry them until golden on both sides.
- Serve these hot chicken bread rolls with your favourite dip!
What to serve with chicken rolls?
- Serve these delicious rolls of chicken with all-time hit green chutney, spicy schezwan sauce, plums chutney, and tomato ketchup.
- Try these rolls with guacamole. It pairs so well with the flavours of the rolls.
- For a heartier meal, serve the chicken bread rolls with crispy air-fried potatoes and air-fried veggies.
- Dip these rolls in all-purpose yogurt dip, Haydari meze, and cucumber raita. These cool and creamy dips add a delightful tanginess to the rolls.
- Pair the chicken bread rolls with a fresh and crisp salad using lettuce, onions, tomatoes etc.,
- Consuming these chicken-filled rolls the same day you prepare them seems the best option.
- To save time, you can make this dish ahead of time by preparing bread rolls and storing them in the refrigerator. Fry them before serving.
- If you plan to store them for a longer time, the best is you half-fry these bread rolls and then freeze them once they are at room temperature. Fry them again as and when required.
- If you prefer low-oil chicken bread rolls go for baking/air frying.
- For baking - preheat your oven to 375°F (190°C). Place the rolls on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Brush them with oil to promote browning. Bake for about 15-20 minutes or until crispy and golden.
- For air frying - preheat your air fryer to 180°C (350°F). Lightly coat the air fryer basket with cooking spray or brush it with a small amount of oil to prevent sticking. Cook the rolls in the preheated air fryer for approximately 12-15 minutes, flipping them halfway through the cooking time.
- Play with filling like cheese, veggies like, carrots, spinach, corn, peas, etc.,
- You can also experiment with seasonings like, adding sauces, peppers, mayo, aioli etc.,
- Use bread that is fresh and slightly thick.
- Trimming the crusts from the bread slices is not essential, but it helps seal the rolls properly and gives them a neat appearance.
- Boil potatoes of the right consistency to get the best roll recipe. Avoid potatoes being mushy.
- Allow the filling sufficient time to be cooled down.
- Check the filling and adjust the seasoning before making the rolls.
- To make the rolls dip each bread slice in stock just enough to become slightly moist. Avoid oversoaking of them as the bread will tear apart while rolling them.
- Seal the edges of the rolls well to prevent the filling from leaking out while frying.
- Heat the oil enough to get the perfect crispy layer of bread.
- Remove the rolls from the oil and place them on a paper towel-lined plate to absorb excess oil.
- Serve hot to prevent them from being soggy.
If you try this chicken bread roll recipe, please share your views and let me know your opinion! You can also leave a comment or share a picture on Instagram with the Hashtag #tipsnrecipes
Looking for other recipes like this? Try these:
Do you know that you can now rate this recipe without leaving a comment?
Chicken Bread Rolls
- 150 g Chicken thigh fillet (boiled)
- 2-3 Garlic
- 1 Onion
- 1 Capsicum
- 1 teaspoon Cumin seeds
- 1 teaspoon Salt
- 1 teaspoon Red chilli powder
- 1 teaspoon Garam masala
- 1 Potato (boiled)
- 1-2 Green chillies
- 10 slices Bread
- Oil for frying and cooking the filling.
Prepare the filling
- Boil chicken thigh in some water and save the water. Once cooled, then shred it in a bowl.
- In a pan, add oil and turn cumin seeds aromatic. Fry garlic and saute onions.
- Stir in capsicum and cook for 2-3 mins on low heat.
- Next goes in shredded chicken, chillies, and all seasonings. Add lemon juice and turn the stove off.
- Let this filling allow to cool. Once the chicken filling is at room temperature, add one boiled grated potato and cilantro. Mix well.
Making bread rolls
- Trim the sides of the bread slices. Dip this slice in the chicken stock. Squeeze the excess water by gently pressing the bread between your palms.
- Now, place the filling in the middle of the bread slice and roll it gently.
- Seal all the sides. Make all the rolls like that and set them aside.
- Heat a wok of oil. Add the chicken bread rolls one by one to the oil.
- Once turn golden, turn the side and cook.
- Remove the rolls from the oil once they turn golden on both sides.
- Serve hot with ketchup or your favourite dip.
- Enjoy the crispy, flavourful chicken bread rolls.
- Nutrition Disclaimer- Please note that the nutrition label provided is an estimate based on an online nutrition calculator. It will vary based on the specific ingredients and brands you use. Under no circumstances will tipsnrecipesblog.com be responsible for any loss or damage resulting from your reliance on nutritional information.
- Copyright Notice © tipsnrecipesblog.com- All content, including images, is copyright protected. I appreciate it if you share these recipes via the social share buttons. Copying/or pasting full recipes to any social media/your website is strictly prohibited.