Roasted Potato Dried Fenugreek
Who does not love potato! A unique and tasty Roasted Potato Dried Fenugreek Recipe for this universal vegetable will love by all ages.
Roasted potato dried Fenugreek is bite-sized super delicious pan roasted crispy potatoes full of the flavour of dried fenugreek leaves will surely mesmerize you.
Dried Fenugreek leaves, also known as Kasuri Methi, is widely used in Indian cooking. Its use in cooking is similar to using thyme, rosemary, parsley, basil as a flavour and aroma enhancer.
Roasting potatoes on high heat in a pan and finish with dried fenugreek leaves will leave you with unique, the yummiest crispy potato recipe you have ever tried!
Roasted Potato Dried Fenugreek Recipe – A Must Try!
A must try recipe for number of reasons which are as follows:
- Its a super easy one-pan dish that even a beginner cook will find easy to follow.
- No fancy equipment required.
- Quick to cook with minimal effort.
- A great side to go with almost any dish or can be served as main.
- Gluten-free and vegan.
- It’s a simple recipe that requires only two main ingredients.
- Inexpensive ingredients.
For making potato dried fenugreek leaves, you need:
Potatoes: 5 Yukon gold potatoes – I used uncooked potatoes, but boiled potatoes also go well and in fact, it will take less time to cook.
The only problem with boiled potatoes is lack of texture and consistency after the boil and may not end up in crispy potatoes.
Fenugreek Leaves: Few – this dried herb adds a distinctive flavour that makes this recipe unique.
Spices: To taste – salt, pepper, turmeric (optional gives a yellowish colour) and mixed whole spices powder (garam masala).
How to make Roasted Potato Dried Fenugreek?
Watch the video to learn how to cook roasted potato dried fenugreek!
Step-1 Prepare potatoes
Start with peeling Yukon gold potatoes and cut them into small thin slices. Peeling potatoes is optional.
Soak sliced potatoes in cold water for about 15- 20 minutes.
Step-2 Prepare the pan
The pan/skillet must be of a heavy base, preferably non-stick pan.
To a medium-hot pan, add 2-3 tablespoons of oil. Add cumin seeds. When cumin turned brown, add mustard seeds.
Step- 3 Add potatoes and spices
Once mustard seeds started sputtering, its the perfect time to add potatoes.
Also, add salt, pepper, garam masala and optional turmeric powder to the potatoes and mix to coat evenly.
Step- 4 Continue to roast until tender
Bring the heat high, roast potatoes while tossing until fully cooked and golden brown.
Tossing is a crucial part of the recipe that makes potatoes crispy and crunchier from the outside.
It may take 8-10 minutes or longer.
Step-5 Sprinkle fenugreek leaves
The heart of the recipe is adding dried fenugreek leaves at the last stage when potatoes are fully tender.
Crush a handful of dried leaves with your hands and sprinkle to the potatoes. Cook it for 2 minutes.
There you have it a yummy potato dried fenugreek leaves recipe!
How to Serve?
Potato dried fenugreek leaves go well with anything like chicken, beef, seafood.
At my place, We serve it as a main dish with Indian flatbread (roti/chapati) and curd raita that taste super delicious.
Got leftovers? You can try this leftover pan roasted potatoes as:
- A part of breakfast with sausage.
- Mash and use them as stuffing for pies, grilled sandwich, parathas. You can add onions and grated mozzarella also.
- Make scrambled egg potato by just adding beaten eggs to these potatoes. Cook it for 2-3 minutes, and you are ready with one more new recipe.
Some tips and tricks
- Make sure you cut every potato slice of the same thickness. It should not be thick nor thinner.
- Avoid using boiled potatoes as they vary in consistency and texture and may not end up in a crispy potato recipe.
- Keep an eye and turn potatoes continuously to avoid sticking to the base.
- Wait to add fenugreek leaves. Add in the last when potatoes fully tender otherwise, fenugreek leaves will burn and taste bitter.
- Serve warm as the potatoes will soften over time as they cool.
- If you have a cast-iron skillet, make use of it for this potato dry fenugreek. The result will be the best crispy potato recipe you will ever try.
You can find the dried fenugreek leaves and garam masala in the spice aisle of most grocery stores.
You can make your own dried fenugreek leaves at home.
Wash the fresh fenugreek leaves thoroughly and dry it under the sun or microwave it for 5 -8 minutes with turning the sides in between.
You can also Subscribe to our mailing list
I’d love to know your thoughts about this dish Roasted potato dried fenugreek.
Please leave a comment or share a picture on Instagram with the hashtag #tipsnrecipes to let me know how it turned out!
You can make these quick and easy recipes like:
Roasted Potato Dried Fenugreek
- heavy base pan
- 5 Potatoes
- 5 g Fenugreek
- 1 tsp Cumin seeds
- 1 tsp Mustard Seeds
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1 tsp Turmeric
- 1 tsp Pepper
- 1 tsp Garam Masala
- 2 tbsp Oil
- Cut potatoes into small thin slices and soak in water for 15 mins.
- To a hot pan, add oil and add cumin seeds.
- Once cumin seeds turn brownish, add Mustard seeds.
- Add potaotes and all spices and roast on high heat with constant tossing.
- Once potato cooked, add fenugreek leaves by crushing with your palms. Cook for five more minutes and turn off the heat. Serve hot.
- Cut the slices in the same thickness.
- Pan should be of the heavy base.
- Constant turning of potatoes is a must.
- Don’t cover with a lid.
- Add dried fenugreek leaves at the last stage only.
- Serve warm.