A super easy, quick recipe for chocolate coconut bars nutty is delicious! If you are a coconut and chocolate lover, you will love these no-bake chocolate coconut bars!
The chocolate-covered coconut bars (choco coco bars) are for children, young, elders, and everybody's all-time favourite! One can keep eating them even though their stomach says to stop!
These soft choco coco bars full of coconut and nuts are super delicious with low carbs, protein and antioxidants, giving you a big boost for the whole day.
And yes! The addition of nuts like walnuts, almonds, and pecan makes these bars tastier and crunchier. The best crunchy nutty bars ever!!
I am sure that adding nuts will not disappoint you unless one is not allergic to them. You can replace nuts with chocolate chips, sprinkles, M&M etc.
About the recipe
- The best part of the recipe is easy, quick and no-bake to make these nutty chocolate coconut bars.
- It consists of a few ingredients and comes together in less than 5 minutes of preparation time.
- As the recipe does not involve any fancy equipment, it is easy for kids to help in the kitchen.
- Moreover, your kids will get the joy of creating a dish.
- Involving kids in the kitchen is a great way to spend quality time with them. It strengthens our bond with them and makes them a friend forever. It also develops their fine motor and hand-eye coordination skills. Think about it. You will thank me later on!!
Want to spend quality time with your cuties like me? Then, do check out these recipes that will surely be loved by them too;
power balls, jelly cakes, Christmas tree cakes, apple walnut crumble, rainbow cake
Ingredients for chocolate coconut bars nutty
It is a simple recipe requiring minimal ingredients; I am sure everyone has hands. The ingredients for these dark chocolate coconut bars recipe are as follows:
- Desiccated coconut
- Dark chocolate
- Sweetened condensed milk
- Nuts (mix of almonds, walnuts, and pecan)
How to make nutty chocolate coconut bars?
For the full recipe, check out the video below.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel to stay up to date on all my new videos!!
These choco coco bars are too easy and quick to make. No baking, No cooking!
Let's go into detailed steps:
Step 1- Melt the dark chocolate
- I usually melt chocolate using a double boiler which can easily be created by bringing a medium pot filled a little less than halfway with water to a simmer.
- Place a heatproof bowl on top of this cooking pot and add the chocolate and condensed milk to the bowl.
- Continuously stir the chocolate and condensed milk until it melts. Keep the heat low.
Step-2 Add coconut and nuts
- Add desiccated/ grated coconut and partially crushed mixed nuts to the hot chocolate and condensed milk mixture with constant stirring.
- Don't let the choco-coco mix cool down as this will start hardening and coconut and nuts will not mix properly.
Step-3 Line and fill the tray
- I used a rectangle tray of size 9.5 x 6-inch for making these bars. Any rectangular container/dish work best for these bars.
- The use of parchment is necessary. The greasing or spraying is not going to work. Properly line the tray with parchment paper.
- Once all the ingredients are combined, pour into the lined tray/dish. Gently press it down evenly with the help of a rubber spatula.
- To make it nuttier and crunchy, sprinkle nuts and coconut on top of the choco-coco mix after pouring it into a tray. (Sprinkle as much as you like)
- Refrigerate the tray for 4-5 hours to harden the chocolate coconut mix. Once it is fully set, we can cut it into bars of our choice.
- Give enough time to cool and set.
Step-5 Slicing into bars
- Here comes the final stage of cutting into bars. Lift out the parchment paper from the tray and gently separate the choco cocoa mix from the parchment paper.
- Cut into the bars of the size you like square, rectangle, diamond etc. I prefer a rectangle shape as it's easy to grab from the longer side.
You are ready with delicious chocolate coconut bars!
Isn't it so easy? Give it a try and do share how you feel about it!
- Keep these nutty chocolate bars in the fridge.
- It can store for up to 15-20 days.
How many servings does the recipe make?
How many servings this recipe makes depends on how big you like to make your bars.
I usually cut them in nice neat rectangle bars. To make bar shapes, make one horizontal cut going in one direction and several cuts from the opposite direction. It was 20 bars came out of a 9.5 x 6-inch tray, but you can make bars of your choice.
Useful tips n tricks
- Keep nuts a little chunky to highlight the texture to compliment the sweet treat.
- Use parchment as the resulting stuff will be stickier. Make sure to overhang the parchment paper on both sides so that you can grab the overhang to lift it out. Another good reason for using a parchment lining is less mess up and thus easy to clean.
- Refrigerate at least 4-5 hours/overnight to set it properly. If you slice them before the setting, these will not turn into nice neat bars.
You can also Subscribe to our mailing list
Follow me on Youtube, Facebook, Pinterest, Instagram or Twitter to see more tips and delicious food recipes.
I'd love to know your thoughts about this Quick Chocolate Coconut Bar!
Please leave a comment or share a picture on Instagram with the hashtag #tipsnrecipes to let me know how it turned out!
Chocolate Coconut Bars Nutty
- Rectangular Dish
- 200 g Dark Chocolate
- 395 ml Condensed Milk
- 50 g Coconut desiccated
- 30 g Walnuts & almonds (mix) roughly crushed
- Melt the dark chocolate along with condensed milk using double boiler.
- Once the chocolate is melted. Add desiccated coconut and mix well.
- Add roughly crushed nuts and mix well.
- Pour the chocolate-coconut mix into a lined rectangular dish and press it all down evenly while hot.
- Sprinkle nuts on the top of the chocolate coconut mix.
- Refrigerate for 4-5 hrs or overnight preferably, remove the parchment and cut into bars. Here, you are ready with the delicious and quick chocolate coconut bars!
- These nutty chocolate coconut bars are too sweet. If you don't like sweets too much, you can replace the condensed milk with half the quantity of sweetened and half of the unsweetened milk.
- While combining the ingredients, the chocolate condensed milk mixture should be hot. Once it is cooled down, it won't be easy to fill the line dish/tray.
- Keep nuts chunky to highlight the texture and compliment the sweet treat.
- Use parchment as the resulting stuff will be stickier. Make sure to overhang the parchment paper on both sides so that you can grab the overhang to lift it out. Another good reason for using a parchment lining is less messed up and thus easy to clean.
- Refrigerate for at least 4-5 hours/overnight to set it properly. If you slice them before the setting, these will not turn into nice neat bars.
|Amount per serving|
|% Daily Value*|
|Total Fat 14.3g||18%|
|Saturated Fat 9.9g||50%|
|Total Carbohydrate 41.1g||15%|
|Dietary Fiber 1.7g||6%|
|Total Sugars 38.5g|
|Vitamin D 0mcg||0%|
|*The % Daily Value (DV) tells you how much a nutrient in a food serving contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calories a day is used for general nutrition advice. Source: verywell fit|
Keep it up.
These look amazing. Can’t wait to try!
Thanks, Lori. Please do comment on how it turned out!
I'm pinning these to make later, they sound delicious. And simple, I love simple!
Thanks, Carolyn! Do share how they turned out whenever you try.