Quick Chocolate Coconut Bar
This super easy, quick chocolate coconut bar is absolutely delicious! If you are a coconut and chocolate lover, you’re definitely going to love these chocolate coconut bars!
These chocolate coconut bars (choco coco bars) are children, young, elders, and everybody all-time favourite! One can keep eating them even though their stomach says to stop!
These soft choco coco bars full of coconut and nuts are super delicious with low carbs, protein and antioxidants, give you a big boost.
And yes! Adding nuts will be like an icing on the cake. The addition of this makes these bars tastier and crunchier.
I’m sure that adding nuts will not disappoint you unless one is not allergic to these. You can replace nuts with chocolate chips, sprinkles, M&M etc.
What’s great about the Quick Chocolate Coconut Bar recipe?
The best part of the recipe is easy and quick to make. It consists of a few ingredients and comes together in less than 5 minutes of preparation time.
It is also a great recipe for kids to help within the kitchen, as this recipe does not involve any fancy equipment. Moreover, your kids will get the joy of creating a dish.
Involving your kids in the kitchen is a great way to spend quality time with them.
It not only strengthens the bond with them but also develops their fine motor and hand-eye coordination skills. Think about it? You will thank me later on.
Chocolate Coconut Bars Ingredients
Chocolate Coconut Bars are super simple to make and require minimal ingredients; I am sure everyone has on hands. The ingredients for the bars are as follows:
- Desiccated Coconut
- Dark Chocolate
- Sweetened Condensed Milk
How to Make Chocolate Coconut Bars?
These choco coco bars are too easy and quick to make. No baking, No cooking!
All you have to do is refrigerate the chocolate coconut mix after combining the ingredients, and ready with low carb chocolate coconut bars. Isn’t it so easy?
Let’s go into detailed steps:
Step 1- Melting the chocolate
I usually melt chocolate using double boiler which can easily be created by bringing a medium pot filled a little less than halfway with water to a simmer.
Place a heatproof bowl on the top of this pot and add the chocolate and condensed milk to the bowl.
Continuously stir the chocolate and condensed milk until it melts. Keep the heat low.
Step-2 Adding coconut and nuts
Add desiccated/ grated coconut and crushed nuts to the hot chocolate and condensed milk mixture with constant stirring.
Don’t let the choco-coco mix cool down as this will start harden and coconut and nuts will not mix properly.
Step-3 Lining and filling the tray
I used a rectangle tray of size 9.5 x 6-inch for making these bars. Any rectangular container/dish work best for these bars.
Use of parchment is necessary. The greasing or spraying is not going to work. Properly line the tray with parchment paper.
Once all the ingredients are combined its time to pour in the lined tray/dish. Gently press it down evenly with the help of rubber spatula.
This recipe is full of coconut, but to make it even more full of coconut sprinkle more coconut on the top of the choco-coco mix after pouring into a tray.
But, I usually prefer more nuts on the top, as nuts add crunch and take any homemade dessert to the next level.
Refrigerate the tray for 4-5 hours to harden the chocolate coconut mix, once set you can cut into bars of your choice.
Give enough time to cool and set.
Step-5 Slicing into bars
Here comes, the final stage of cutting into bars. Lift out the parchment paper from the tray and gently separate the choco coco mix from the parchment paper.
Cut into the bars of the size you like square, rectangle, diamond etc. I prefer rectangle shape as it’s easy to grab from the longer side.
You are ready with delicious chocolate coconut bars!
These chocolate coconut bars need to be refrigerated and can store up to 15-20 days.
How many servings this recipe makes?
How many servings this recipe makes depends on how big you like to make your bars.
I usually cut them in nice neat rectangle bars. To make bar shapes, make one horizontal cut going in one direction and several cuts from the opposite direction. It was 20 bars came out of a 9.5 x 6-inch tray, but you can make bars of your choice.
Useful tips n tricks
- These chocolate coconut bars are quite sweet. If you don’t like too much sweet, you can replace the condensed milk with a half quantity of sweetened condensed milk and a half of the unsweetened condensed milk.
- While combining the ingredients, the chocolate condensed milk mixture should be hot. Once it cooled down, it won’t be easy to fill the line dish/tray.
- Keep nuts a little bit chunky to highlight the texture and to compliment the sweet treat.
- Use parchment as the resulting stuff will be stickier. Make sure to overhang the parchment paper on both sides so that you can grab the overhang to lift it out. Another good reason for using a parchment lining is less mess up thus easy to clean.
- Refrigerate at least for 4-5 hours or overnight preferable to set it properly. If you slice them before setting, these will not turn up into nice neat bars.
You can also Subscribe to our mailing list
I’d love to know your thoughts about this Quick Chocolate Coconut Bar!
Please leave a comment or share a picture on Instagram with the hashtag #tipsnrecipes to let me know how it turned out!
You can also make these quick and easy recipes like
Quick Chocolate Coconut Bar
- Rectangular Dish
- 200 g Dark Chocolate
- 395 ml Condensed Milk
- 50 g Coconut desiccated
- 30 g Walnuts & almonds (mix) roughly crushed
- Melt the dark chocolate along with condensed milk using double boiler.
- Once the chocolate is melted. Add desiccated coconut and mix well.
- Add roughly crushed nuts and mix well.
- Pour the chocolate-coconut mix into a lined rectangular dish and press it all down evenly while hot.
- Sprinkle nuts on the top of the chocolate coconut mix.
- Refrigerate for 4-5 hrs or overnight preferably, remove the parchment and cut into bars. Here, you are ready with the delicious and quick chocolate coconut bars!
- These bars are quite sweet. If you don’t like too much sweetness, you can replace the sweetened condensed milk with half of the sweetened condensed milk and a half of unsweetened condensed milk.
- Combine all the ingredients while hot only.
- You must use parchment paper; otherwise, the choco-coco mixture will not come out properly from the dish.
- Use desiccated coconut only. No fresh coconut, please!
- Refrigerate for at least 4-5 hrs or overnight preferred to give sufficient time to set the mixture properly.