This cucumber beetroot salad is bursting with vibrant colours and an array of flavours from wholesome ingredients. It is a healthy, delicious, vegan, and gluten-free beet cucumber salad you can try with anything. A unique and visually striking salad recipe that's bound to steal the spotlight at your next meal.
Cucumbers and Beetroots are nutritious vegetables packed with a wide range of health benefits. Adding them to salads or blending them into smoothies is perfect for a refreshing and healthy diet.
This beetroot and cucumber salad could not be easier to make. Mix beets with cucumber and tangy pineapple slices. Toss them in a simple dressing made from lemon juice, extra-virgin olive oil, and black salt. Finally, to give more depth and crunch, pumpkin seeds are added. That’s it!
Reasons to💖cucumber beet salad
- It is vegan and suits almost all because of the allergens-free ingredients.
- Highly nutrient-dense recipe.
- Beets and pumpkin seeds are good for the heart and digestive system. So, this recipe is a heart-friendly and tummy-friendly recipe!
- Being low in calories and high in fibre, this beet cucumber salad makes a great choice for those looking to manage their weight or reduce calorie intake.
- Perfect for hot days, as cucumber and beet have a high water content, which can help keep you hydrated for a long time.
- Easy to customize.
To make this cucumber and beetroot salad recipe, you need the following ingredients:
- Cucumber- Lebanese. Use it with the skin on to get more nutrients and fibre in the salad.
- Beetroot- Use beet without greens. I prefer partially cooked beetroot. If you are okay with raw, go for it. Raw is more healthier than cooked ones.
- Pineapple - Pineapple rings dipped in juice. Discard the juice. I am too lazy to cut the fresh pineapple and comfortable using canned. But if you are not like me, use a fresh one.
- Lemon juice - Squeeze a fresh lemon to prepare the citrous salad dressing.
- Pumpkin seeds- These are highly nutritious and offer good digestive health.
- Oil- Use extra-virgin olive oil to have control over calorie intake.
- Salt- I prefer black salt as this aids in digestion. Use whatever is handy.
- Cilantro - optional for garnish.
See the recipe card for quantities.
How to make cucumber beetroot salad?
For the full recipe, check out the video below.
Don’t forget to subscribe to my YouTube Channel to stay up to date on all my new videos!!
To start making this salad recipe with beet and cucumber, wash them thoroughly. I prefer partially cooked beet, so steam it for 10-15 minutes using a steamer. Insert a knife to check whether it's done. If it goes into the beet, the beet is good to go.
Let the beet cool completely. Trim both ends. Peel off the skin using a knife and cut it into small chunks.
Pour them into a mixing bowl.
Next goes in chopped cucumber and bite-sized pineapple chunks. I use canned pineapple rings and cut them into small sizes. Avoid pineapple juice.
To make cucumber beetroot salad dressing, I use only three ingredients, i.e., lemon juice, black salt and olive oil. You will not believe me, but these 3 items are enough to make this summer beetroot salad yum with their refreshing flavours.
Next, go in a handful of pumpkin seeds or as much as you want. Garnish with fresh cilantro leaves.
Toss it well! WALAH!!
You are ready with a cucumber beet pineapple salad that is as stunning as it is delicious!!
- Wash cucumber and beet thoroughly (3-4 times) before cooking.
- Avoid overcooking of beet to retain its nutrients and crunch.
- Beets are high in betanin and stain everything red. So, I suggest adding cucumber and pineapple before serving to maintain their colour.
- Toss the salad gently to avoid bruising the delicate beet and pineapple slices.
- To maximize the health benefits of cucumber, consider eating it with the skin, as it contains a significant portion of fibre and nutrients.
- Pumpkin seeds are high in calories, so use them moderately if you focus on weight management.
You must try this beets and cucumber salad recipe if you are looking for healthy salad recipes.
If you make this cucumber with beet salad, please share your views and let me know your opinion! You can also leave a comment or share a picture on Instagram with the Hashtag #tipsnrecipes
Looking for other recipes like this? Try these:
If you try this cucumber beetroot and pineapple salad recipe or any other recipe on my blog, please leave a ⭐ star rating and let me know how it goes in the 📝 comments below!
Cucumber Beetroot Salad
- 1 Cucumber
- 1 Beetroot
- ¼ cup Pineapple
- 1 tablespoon Lemon juice
- ½ teaspoon Black salt
- 1 tablespoon Olive oil
- few Pumpkin seeds
- Steam the beet for about 10-15 minutes or until it is partial cooked.
- Allow to cool and peel it. Chop it into small chunks.
- Add cucumber and pineapple slices.
- For dressing, pour lemon juice, salt, and olive oil into it.
- Stir-in pumpkin seeds and granish with cilantro leaves.
- Toss it to combine well.
- Cucumber beet salad is ready to serve!!
- Nutrition Disclaimer- Please note that the nutrition label provided is an estimate based on an online nutrition calculator. It will vary based on the specific ingredients and brands you use. Under no circumstances will tipsnrecipesblog.com be responsible for any loss or damage resulting from your reliance on nutritional information.
- Copyright Notice © tipsnrecipesblog.com- All content, including images, is copyright protected. I appreciate it if you could share these recipes via the social share buttons. Copying/or pasting full recipes to any social media/website is strictly prohibited.