Egg fry masala is a delicious, savoury dish with a flavourful variation of hard-boiled eggs using aromatic spices. It is a quick and easy egg fry recipe that requires minimal preparation. Make this yummy, crispy anda fry (egg fry) for breakfast, a quick protein-rich snack or a light meal.
What is egg masala fry?
This egg masala fry, or egg fry masala, also known as the Andhra egg fry recipe, is a popular and delectable dish from the South of India, where the skilful use of spices is a hallmark.
In the preparation of masala egg fry, boiled eggs are cut and then pan-fried in aromatic spices. I prefer a little butter with oil to fry as it gives a rich, buttery, creamy taste to the fried eggs. Garnish with fresh herbs for a final refreshing look before serving this dish. The frying process imparts enticing flavour, colour and aroma to the eggs, making them a delicious savoury delight for the palate.
This recipe is a perfect egg masala dry if you are looking for egg fry Indian style. Then look no further. Make this spices-infused egg dry for your family and enjoy the bold flavours of Indian masala anytime you want easy-to-make recipes.
Reasons to 💖hard fried eggs:
🟩It is one of the best egg starter recipes.
🟩Quick and easy boiled egg masala recipe that requires minimal prep.
🟩High protein and low-carb snack recipe.
🟩Finger-licking yum as infused with aromatic and bold Indian spices.
🟩Satisfying that makes you full in one or two eggs.
To make this boiled eggs fry recipe, you need the following ingredients:
- Eggs- Use hard-boiled eggs to make this anda fry masala.
- Oil- Any oil works well with the recipe. Make sure it is without any flavour.
- Butter - I use butter with salt. Use any. Butter gives hard-fried eggs a creamy and soft flavour.
- Garlic - Use fresh garlic cloves to impart aroma and taste. I like garlic flavour so much that it is too hard to avoid in this egg recipe. Feel free to skip it if you don't like it.
- Cumin seeds- Good for digestion.
- Chillies - Impart heat to the recipe.
- Curry leaves - For aroma and taste.
- Turmeric- Colouring agent that gives a beautiful golden yellow colour to the boiled eggs.
- Red chilli powder- For colour and heat.
- Garam masala - Garam masala is a blend of several Indian spices that bring real flavour to the recipe.
- Cilantro- Garnish.
See the recipe card for quantities.
How to make egg fry masala?
For the full recipe, check out the video below.
Don’t forget to subscribe to my YouTube Channel to stay up to date on all my new videos!!
Step-1 Boil eggs
The first step to preparing the boiled egg fry recipe Indian style is to cook hard-boiled eggs. Boil the eggs in water for 15-20 minutes on low heat by covering them with a lid.
Peel the shell of the eggs once they are cooled. Cut them into halves, as shown in the image below.
Step-2 Prepare Masala
The next step is to make masala to fry the boiled eggs.
Heat oil and butter in a pan over medium heat. Add cumin seeds and let them turn aromatic. Then, add garlic and lightly saute it on low heat for a few seconds (avoid burning).
Add curry leaves, turmeric powder, red chilli powder, garam masala, and salt. Mix well and cook the masala for a few more minutes until the spices are well incorporated.
Next, gently place the boiled eggs one by one into the masala facing the yolk downwards (image below).
Allow them to cook for a few seconds, and turn them carefully to ensure even coating.
Fry them until they are crispy and golden on both sides.
Garnish with chopped fresh coriander leaves.
Voila!! Serve egg fry masala, aka anda fry masala, either as such or with roti, bread naan or rice as a side!
What to do with leftover fried eggs?
No worries! If you have leftover fried eggs, I have a few suggestions to use leftover fried masala eggs that can turn them into a variety of yummy dishes. These are:
- Egg curry - Add water to the leftover eggs masala to create a flavorful egg curry. Simmer the curry masala to blend the spices and curry.
- Scrambled eggs - Fry onions and tomatoes in oil and stir in mashed leftover eggs to make the scrambled eggs.
- Paratha: Use the leftover masala as a stuffing to make stuffed paratha.
- Pasta: Mash this leftover anda fry masala and mix with cooked pasta for a twisted pasta dish.
- Wrap -Spread the leftover masala on tortillas, flatbreads, or slices of bread, and add some fresh veggies for a quick and tasty wrap.
- Sandwich - Mash the leftovers and make the sandwich using mayonnaise.
- Egg-fried rice - Prepare the egg-fried rice by sautéing cooked rice with this leftover fried egg masala.
- Egg tacos - Fill taco shells with the leftover masala eggs, and add toppings like tomatoes, lettuce, cheese, onions and a dollop of yogurt or sour cream.
- Egg masala pizza - Use the leftover masala as a pizza topping. Spread it on pizza dough, add grated cheese, and bake until the cheese melts and the crust is crispy.
- Egg salad - Combine it with fresh greens, veggies, and your choice of protein to make a healthy, hearty egg-veggie salad.
- Egg masala quesadilla - Spread the leftover masala between tortillas with some cheese to make a flavorful quesadilla.
- Egg masala bowl - Create a nourishing bowl by layering cooked rice, quinoa, or couscous with the leftover masala and additional toppings like avocado, chopped herbs, and nuts.
- Egg masala breakfast - Serve the leftover masala with toast, English muffins, or bagels for a satisfying, hearty breakfast.
- Egg masala bruschetta - Top slices of toasted baguette with the leftover masala for a unique twist on bruschetta.
- To make this masala egg fry, you need hard-boiled eggs. So, boil eggs at least for 15-20 minutes to avoid yolk mess.
- Fry all the spices on low heat only.
- Place and turn the eggs gently in the masala to prevent the yolk from separating from the white.
- You can refrigerate these Andhra-styled egg fry for up to 3-5 days.
If you are looking for recipes with boiled eggs, try these fried boiled eggs. I am sure you will make it again as it is so convenient to make and tastes so good as well!!
If you try this egg masala fry andhra style to make anda fry boiled eggs, please share your views and let me know your opinion! You can also leave a comment or share a picture on Instagram with the Hashtag #tipsnrecipes
Looking for other recipes like this? Try these:
If you try this egg fry masala recipe or any other recipe on my blog, please leave a ⭐ star rating and let me know how it goes in the 📝 comments below!
Egg Fry Masala
- 3 Eggs (hard-boiled)
- 2 tablespoon Oil
- 1 tablespoon Butter with salt
- 2-3 cloves Garlic
- 2-3 Green chillies
- Few Curry leaves
- 1 teaspoon Cumin seeds
- 1 teaspoon Red chilli powder
- 1 teaspoon Turmeric powder
- 1 teaspoon Salt
- 1 teaspoon Garam masala
- few Coriander leaves
- Boil eggs. Peel the shells.
- Cut them into halves and set them aside.
- Heat oil and butter in a pan. Add cumin seeds and turn them aromatic.
- Stir in chopped garlic and saute for a few seconds.
- Add salt, spices, curry leaves and chillies. Combine well.
- Place the boiled eggs one by one into the masala in a pan.
- Fry for less than a minute and turn their sides.
- Fry until they turn crispy and golden brown.
- Serve hot egg fry masala either with bread, naan /roti or as such for a quick protein-rich breakfast!
- Nutrition Disclaimer- Please note that the nutrition label provided is an estimate based on an online nutrition calculator. It will vary based on the specific ingredients and brands you use. Under no circumstances will tipsnrecipesblog.com be responsible for any loss or damage resulting from your reliance on nutritional information.
- Copyright Notice © tipsnrecipesblog.com- All content, including images, is copyright protected. I appreciate it if you could share these recipes via the social share buttons. Copying/or pasting full recipes to any social media/website is strictly prohibited.