With these puff pasty jam tarts, say goodbye to boring snacks and hello to a burst of fruity goodness in them. These bite-sized tarts are delectable coconutty, buttery pastry puffs combined with the flavours from fruity jam. Whether it is a family get-together, fancy brunch or a solo Netflix binge, these strawberry jam tarts are the ultimate indulgence.
This easy puff pastry jam tart recipe is sweet and savoury, perfect for a quick snack on the go. Overall, the taste of puff pastry with jam is a magical amalgamation of crispy, buttery, fruity, and gooey elements. It's a timeless classic that manages to be both elegant and comforting!
You need the following items to make these mini puff pastry jam tarts:
- Puff Pastry Sheet- Base for the tarts. It has flakes and butter in it. I use frozen-ready rolled sheets for convenience. Keep the sheet out of the freezer for just 5 minutes before cutting.
- Jam- In these puff pastry tarts sweet, jam imparts a sweet and tangy flavour. I prefer strawberry jam with strawberry chunks in it. Use jam whatever you like.
- Egg- Optional. It gives tarts a shiny and beautiful golden colour.
- Coconut- Use desiccated coconut for this recipe. It compliments so well with strawberry jam.
See the recipe card for quantities.
Reasons to 💖jelly tarts
- Dairy-free jelly tarts.
- It is an easy and quick puff pastry with jam-filling recipe.
- Minimal effort.
- Low-calorie snack recipe.
- Using a store-bought pre-rolled puff pastry makes it a convenient option for busy days or last-minute sweet cravings.
- You can play with flavours by experimenting with different jam flavours.
- Jam puffs are easy to share and an ideal treat for gatherings. Being finger food, easy to serve, and utensils-free adds to their portability, making them a hit at potlucks, picnics, parties, or even a sweet surprise in lunch boxes.
How to make puff pastry jam tarts?
For the full recipe, check out the video below.
Don’t forget to subscribe to my YouTube Channel to stay up to date on all my new videos!!
Thaw pastry sheet(s) for 5 minutes at room temperature. Line a baking tray and place the puff pastry sheet on it. Using a fork, prick all over the sheet. Cut into equal squares or rectangles with a sharp knife. Next, leave approximately 1 cm border, cut the squares and leave the two opposite corners intact (image below).
Hold the left corner in one hand and the right corner in the other. Fold the left-cut corner to the right corner and right to the left cross the previous one. Press gently with your fingers (image below).
Fill these tarts with strawberry jam. Beat the egg and brush it over the top of these tarts. Sprinkle the desiccated coconut.
Bake in preheated oven (180°c) for about 15-20 minutes or until these tarts turn golden (Image below).
Allow them to cool, and serve jam tarts puff pastry!
How many jam puffs does this recipe make?
The number of tarts this recipe makes depends on:
- How big do you like to make your tarts - The number of tarts varies with the size. The smaller the size you cut, the more number of tarts you get. I cut the puff pastry sheet into squares. This recipe gives 9 tarts of equal size approximately. For this, make two horizontal cuts going in one direction and two cuts from the vertical direction. Each row and column gives three tarts, hence nine puff pastry tarts.
- How do you roll your pastry sheet - I use a ready-rolled sheet, so I don't need to roll the sheet. But if you use a regular puff pastry sheet, you need to unroll and stretch it to make it uniform. So, stretching while rolling may vary the yield.
Store these jam-filled tarts in an air-tight container, as these will turn soggy.
You can store these puff pastry jam rolls in the fridge for about a week. If you live in a cold place like me, keeping them at room temperature is 100% safe.
- Docking or pricking is crucial. Don't skip this step.
- Preheat the oven for 5-8 minutes before placing the jam tarts.
- Ensure your puff pastry is well-chilled before working with it to achieve flaky layers.
- If the puff pastry sheet starts softening while working, keep it in the fridge for 5-10 minutes and continue the process.
- Place the sheet on a lined baking tray to work on it. A good reason for using a parchment lining is less mess up while baking, and hence, easy to clean the tray.
- Use milk as a substitute for egg for finishing.
- Fill a large amount of jam in the tarts, as most jam flows out while puffing in the oven.
- Let the jam puffs cool slightly after baking to avoid burning the mouth.
- The flavour of these tarts may vary with the jam used in the recipe.
- Experiment with different jams to find your perfect flavour combination.
So, go and grab all the ingredients and explore your adventurous side in the kitchen! Follow this easy recipe to recreate these magical jam tarts with puff pastry at home.
If you try this jam puff pastry tarts recipe, please share your views and let me know your opinion! You can also leave a comment or share a picture on Instagram with the Hashtag #tipsnrecipes
Looking for other recipes like this? Try these:
If you try these jam-puff pastry tarts or any other recipe on my blog, please leave a ⭐ star rating and let me know how it goes in the 📝 comments below!
Puff Pastry Jam Tarts
- 1 Puff pastry sheet (frozen)
- 9 tablespoons Jam
- 1 Egg
- 9 teaspoons Coconut meat (desiccated)
- Line a baking tray. Thaw frozen puff pastry for 5 minutes.
- Place the pastry sheet on the lined tray. Remove the parchment paper.
- Prick the whole pastry sheet with a fork.
- Cut the sheet into small equal squares or rectangles.
- Leave the border space of 1cm approx, cut these squares/rectangles, leaving the two opposite corners intact.
- Holding from the two opposite corners, cross each other.
- Fill these puff pastry tarts with jam.
- Brush with whisked egg. Sprinkle desiccated coconut.
- Bake for 15-20 mins in a preheated oven (180°c).
- Allow to cool down, and serve these delicious pastry puff jam tarts!!
- Nutrition Disclaimer- Please note that the nutrition label provided is an estimate based on an online nutrition calculator. It will vary based on the specific ingredients and brands you use. Under no circumstances will tipsnrecipesblog.com be responsible for any loss or damage resulting from your reliance on nutritional information.
- Copyright Notice © tipsnrecipesblog.com- All content, including images, is copyright protected. I appreciate it if you could share these recipes via the social share buttons. Copying/or pasting full recipes to any social media/website is strictly prohibited.